3 tbsp peanut oil
225 g/8 oz spinach, chopped
175 g/6 oz canned bamboo shoots,
drained and rinsed
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 fresh red chilies, sliced
Pinch ground cinnamon
300 ml/ 1/2 pint/ 1 1/4 cups
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1. Heat the peanut oil in a preheated wok or large frying pan (skillet), swirling the oil around the base of the wok until it is really hot.
2. Add the spinach and bamboo shoots to the wok and stir-fry for 1minute.
3. Add the garlic, chilies and cinnamon to the mixture in the wok and stir-fry for a further 30 seconds.
4. Stir in the stock, sugar, salt and light soy sauce, cover and cooked over a medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through and the sauce has reduced. If there is too much cooking liquid, blend a little corn flour (cornstarch) w/double the quantity of cold water and stir into the sauce.
5. Transfer the bamboo shoots and spinach to a serving dish and serve.